Tuesday 18 January 2011

Not so shiny


Not so shiny

Two reasons for this photo post.

1. Last week I received the cheapo ebay extension tubes for my camera that I had ordered a while ago. For the uninitiated, they allow you to take macro or super-close-up photos. I haven't had much time to play with them yet, but I have found that they are very difficult to use. Being the cheap and nasty version, they have no exposure control, so all exposure must be done manually and they have no aperture control, so all photos are taken on maximum aperture, which means minimum depth of field. Consequently, the depth of field is less than 1mm in most situations.

2. This photo is my response to Betchaboys 'Shiny Object' post on his 365daysoflight project. Even after all these years I'm still impressed with my Suzuki. Not the most luxurious car around [understatement] but it continues to do the job.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: